The Right Property Surveyor in Peoria IL for Your Projects
When starting new construction, there are a few steps that must be taken initially. For example, determining the boundaries of your land or the available utilities are crucial before beginning construction. And to learn such information about your property, you need the help of a property surveyor in Peoria IL. By having your land surveyed, you can learn everything you need to know to ensure a successful construction project in the future. And if looking for a local surveyor, you can count on the professionals at Austin Engineering.
Since 1937, Austin Engineering has contributed towards the growth and development of the Greater Peoria area. We work diligently to meet our clients’ every need when building a residential or commercial property. Furthermore, we offer our civil engineering, land surveying and landscaping services to cities and individuals throughout Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin and Florida. Our extensive experience is sure to benefit your next construction project.
What to Check Before Starting Construction
With a proper property survey, you can get a “lay of the land,” so to speak. Our surveyor team can help you decide the best usage for land and determine what is and isn’t possible for your latest construction project.
- Zoning – The first thing you must consider about the land you wish to build on is whether it’s properly zoned for your project. Zoning can determine whether your project is meant for residential, commercial or industrial construction. If you were to start building a store on a piece of land zoned for residential, it could potentially sink your project.
- Easement – Some pieces of property must share access to various parts of the land in what’s called an easement. Such access can include utilities, private roads, communal property with your neighbor, etc. While this isn’t necessarily a make-or-break situation for your development, it’s good to be aware of what you can and can’t do with a piece of property.
- Geography – Knowing your land’s makeup can sometimes decide what can be constructed on it and where. For example, a property survey will reveal ponds, wells, high or low points of elevation, existing structures and more. Knowing precisely how your property is made up will guide the development of your project.
- Utilities – A land survey can also tell you whether you have all available utilities connected to your property. For example, if there is existing piping or electricity to your land, a land surveyor will reveal this. Otherwise, you might have to plan on extending utilities out to your property, which can add to already costly development expenses.
- Anything Else – If there are issues with your land title, agreements with neighboring properties and anything in between, a property survey will reveal all. Our surveyors will give you the best picture of your land and what can be done with it.
Experts in the Industry
Alongside offering you a professional property surveyor in Peoria IL, Austin Engineering employs expert civil engineers and landscapers to assist with various developments. For example, some of the work we do includes:
- Civil Engineering
- Land Development
- New Highway Systems Designs
- Commercial Site Plans
- Sanitary Sewer Systems Designs
- Land Surveying
- ALTA Surveys
- Property Boundary Surveys
- GPS Surveys
- Subdivision Surveys
- Landscape Design
- Green Roofs
- Storm Water Management
- Rain Gardens
- Parks and Recreation
Contact Our Office
Secure the best property surveyor for Peoria IL when you hire the experts at Austin Engineering. To learn more, call us today at 309-204-0694 and ask about a quote. Also, we are located at 311 Southwest Water Street, Ste 215, Peoria, IL 61602.